Monday, January 10, 2011

Which Famous Person Would You Like to Go to Dinner with and Why?

This feels like a trick question.  Am I supposed to pick just one famous person?  Like when push comes to shove and your back is against the wall staring down the barrel of a gun? Even then it would be a toughie. I am more likely to get querulous with the gunman for the limited choice than seriously worry about my existential well being of the moment.

With that bit of grief out of the way I guess the numero uno person in my book would be Jesus Christ.  That walking on the water stunt is something that's got me enthralled.  Plus the teleportation jump he did with the boat and crew from the middle of the lake to the shore is nothing to sneeze at either.  

But teleportation, in the larger scheme of things is, I suppose, alright in a way.  So you have telekinesis.  No big deal.  But its the walking on water, that has me boggle eyed.  

Oh the questions I have for him! How do you do it? Do you use your telekinesis to modify the surface tension of water? We know some type of insects can race across water and from what I gather they have some suction type thing on their feet. How do you manage? You don't have webbed feet do you? You hacked into the laws of physics.  How? How? HOW?

I have a sneaky suspicion though that he is going to look at me with a) silent laughter in his eyes and b) a bit of bemusement.  Then he'd say something like: 'When Einstein said the theoretical bridge between phenomena and their theoretical principles is non-existent, he was right.  I live in the world phenomena and I never bother with theoretical constructs.'

No comments: